The weekend of January 4th and 5th brought our first really good riding conditions and there sure were a lot of you out there.
We would like to congratulate every one of you who enjoyed your ride, followed the rules, stayed on the marked trails, and rode responsibly.
To those of you who did not do that (and you know who you are), shame on you!!
PLEASE ask yourself these questions:
1. Do you believe the Landowners who graciously allow the local clubs to maintain designated trails through THEIR PRIVATE PROPERTY appreciate you cutting cross lots over the middle of their hay fields?
2. Are you TRULY aware of the amount of time and effort it takes the local snowmobile clubs every single year, all year long to keep designated trails open?
3. Do you understand just how DIFFICULT it is to convince a landowner to keep a trail in place and accessible when just ONE DISRESPECFUL RIDER decides to run rampant across their property?
4. Do you realize it’s really inappropriate to spin your track up on freshly groomed trails, which damages the growth underneath the snow and destroys all efforts to keep the trails smooth by sensible riders?
5. How long do you think you can get away with that kind of behavior before landowners have had enough and cut you AND EVERYBODY ELSE off?
6. Would you really rather TRAILER somewhere to ride instead of simply heading out your own backyard to hit the system?
7. Are you aware that riding off marked trails could possibly get you arrested and charged with Trespassing?
We have witnessed major evidence there are people out there who seem to think they can just ride wherever they want. This is simply NOT the case.
If you continue to abuse landowner property, they will, and we mean WILL CLOSE THEIR PROPERTY TO RECREATIONAL USE.
Please think long and hard about what that means for you and everyone else who uses our trail system.
One trail lost to the bad behavior of one rider, is one too many.
PLEASE…as always and ONCE AGAIN, we ask you to RESPECT OUR LANDOWNERS!!!